About Our School
Mercury Bay Area School, located in Whitianga on the Coromandel Peninsula, offers top quality learning programmes designed to meet the needs of our diverse student population, so that effectively, every student is studying and being assessed at their appropriate level.
Area School Organisation
Mercury Bay Area School is an area or composite school consisting of three distinct learning groups all on one site. We cater for students aged between five and 19 years of age and for every school year from Year One right through to Year 13. Each of the three learning groups is led by a Deputy Principal and an Assistant Principal who are responsible for the learning and achievement, welfare, discipline, guidance, attendance and class placement of every student in their section of the school.
Raising Achievement Through Unity and Positivity
Our major focus is on student achievement. Our positive, caring and supportive learning environment enables each child to develop mentally, physically, socially and emotionally. Our school provides:
- quality education
- specialist programmes
- a positive atmosphere
- programmes for international students
- co-curricular sporting and cultural opportunities
Our Mission Statement
To provide a supportive, co-operative, responsive and stimulating environment which:
- Promotes the development of academic, physical, cultural and personal skills to the full potential of the individuals concerned.
- Recognises the needs, rights, individuality and integrity of students and staff.
- Encourages all involved to work together to ensure that the educational experiences of our children are positive, relevant and enjoyable.