Below are our results from the Thames Valley Primary Swimming competition for our Peninsula Cluster Team. This includes students from our local schools who are part of the Peninsula Cluster Team.
Well done to all competitors - some fantastic results. Overall Peninsula Cluster Team were 4th.
We have been contacted by Gateway Glass & Aluminium to advertise a job opportunity for a school leaver.
This would be an immediate start and possibly lead to apprenticeship in the glazing industry. If you are interested please phone Wazza 07 868 3344. Wazza will be in Whitianga Tuesday 21st March, so if you are interested best call him today.
They are looking for someone who is willing to learn, have good work ethic and time keeping.
Attached here is a DRAFT revised Tsunami Protocol for our school. This has been developed after a forum held a fortnight ago and feedback from staff and community. Please take time to read the DRAFT protocol and we would like to invite you along to a second forum on Thursday 23rd March in the Library at 7pm.
Calling all 14 -18 year olds - We need you for a load of fun at Day Camp - its free!
Come along and enjoy a whole day of activities and treats for leaders only.
Please register online, or see the office for a form or call Tracey on 0274773350
Junior Netball Years 5-8 and Representative Years 6-8 trials will be held on Wednesday 15 March 4pm at the Sports park.
Whitianga’s Hannah Trebes (17) has received a University of Waikato Te Paewai o te Rangi scholarship worth up to $25,000.
The former Mercury Bay Area School student was speechless when she heard the good news. “There was lots of smiling and jumping around the kitchen,” says Hannah.
Always wanted to study agriculture or horticulture? Now you can. Valley Education and Training Enterprises is launching level 2 Introduction to Agriculture, level 3 Horticulture – Get Growing and Level 4 Horticulture (Fruit Production) courses in the Thames/Hauraki Region.
The decision has been made to postpone tomorrows event due to the weather forecast. Back-up day is Friday. The call will be made on Thursday as to whether this day will be suitable depending on weather and track condition (water).
Other options if this eventuates is next Tuesday or Thursday.