International Students Fees
2018 and 2019 International Student Fees
|1 Term||$5000||$1000||$110||$650||$250/ week|
|2 Terms||$8000||$1000||$220||$900||$250/ week|
|3 Terms||$11500||$1000||$330||$1150||$250/ week|
|4 Terms||$13500||$1000||$440||$1400||$250/ week|
- Bank transfer fees will vary according to each country but are normally approximately $25
- Christmas / New Year holiday supplement $280 (applies to students staying over the holiday period)
- Airport Pick up $270 (subject to change)
- Optional - Marine Academy $4500 for full year course (termly fees available here)
- Government levy $11 per week of tuition
- Extension Fee $300 (includes visa renewal fee and courier cost/extension)
These cover full 7 day accommodation (including 3 meals a day).
The full tuition, proof of financial support (NZIS) and accommodation must be received before a place is secured at the school and before you receive NZIS visa approval. You must also show a return air ticket. You may pay your fees directly into the school bank account. Please contact Mercury Bay Area School for bank account details.
What else do you need to pay for?
- Medical/Personal/Travel Insurance Approximately $577 per year (2017). We use Unicare Student Plan
- School Uniform Approximately $300.00, school jackets $150 (approximate price)
- Proof of financial support (NZIS) and personal living expenses. This does not include your travel costs to and from New Zealand or the cost of any travel you may do in the holidays.
- Stationary requirements
- Classroom support if you need it, at a cost of $18.00 per hour. (subject to change)
- For Senior students wanting to sit NCEA (National Certificate of Education Achievement) the following NZQA (New Zealand Qualification Authority) fees apply: $383.30 for all NZQA Standards. Additional Scholarship entries (4 or more) $102.20 per subject.
- Cultural, music and sporting fees
- International airport transfer
- Class trips
- Course costs/materials will depend on subject choice - please refer to Pathways and Programme Guide for further details.
What your fees do include:
- Orientation programme
- Some textbooks
- Use of all the Mercury Bay Area School facilities (library, gymnasium, computer suites and specialist technology and performance arts spaces)
- An International Student Dean who will help you deal with any problems.
- A friendly, personal environment where you will feel welcome.